‘Take Back the Night’ is the first single off Justin’s new album The 20/20 Experience – 2 of 2, due September 30.
- The video was shot in New York on July 18th, one of the hottest days of the summer. Temperatures reached 99 degrees with close to 100% humidity, and even hotter on set under the lights!
- Much of the video was shot on Doyers St in New York City’s Chinatown, which is home to the oldest dim sum restaurant in the US (where Justin ate a meal on set), the first Chinese Theatre in NYC, and is also filled with amazing history.
- The car that appears is a 1970 Chevelle SS, one of Justin’s favorite classic American cars.
- The bodega location was really a noodle shop that was converted for the music video! It was named Yee’s Place after the video’s Director Of Photography’s dad’s restaurant in Harrisonburg, VA.
- There is a scene from club Apotheke – an exclusive speakeasy-style cocktail bar in Chinatown on Doyers St with arguably some of the best drinks and bartenders in the city. Even though this scene doesn’t happen until about halfway through the video, it was the first thing that was filmed on the shoot day. They needed the shots outside to happen at night, so this was actually filmed at about 3pm in the afternoon!
- Part of the video was shot during Justin’s live performance of ‘Take Back The Night’ during the first of his two Yankee Stadium shows on July 19th. That day, Justin performed in front of 47,000 eager New Yorkers.
- There were 12 cameras on Justin during the concert scene, including a Stedicam on stage that captured the shots, and a helicopter flying above Yankee Stadium!